Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Mike The Headless Chicken - Its all about the 80's

You followed me while The Little Gourd was created. I think you enjoyed it. I did! So we, Mike the Headless Chicken, Henrietta and I decided to share our process. Mike will link my blog so that his fans can follow too.

I start out with a sketch book and put on paper the ideas that have been mulling around in my head. The Sketches that follow are enlargements of the above sketch.

This year the theme is 'Lets get physical' based on how into exercise we were in the 80's. That decade was sooooooo...........well I feel like I missed it but I didn't.

Arnold was big into body building not politics. I think Mike would like a body like his so I have done the best I can to give it to him. The next step will be on a good velum paper or illustration board with the muscles all sketched in with no head, then put feathers and a tail on him with his great rooster legs.


Henrietta (my twin sister Susan named her) is depicted in the two lady sketches. I will decide which type I like best, put feathers on her and use the other one in the background along with some other chicks.

Leg warmers and hens feet. Gotta love it.

Keep in mind that these are just rough sketches and the finished product; well you'll see.

Gym equipment, mats... the ideas are endless.

Keep watching this blog or my Facebook fan page, SEDG and be sure to visit Mike on Facebook or his website. www.miketheheadlesschicken.org
Till next time. SEDG


No comments:

Post a Comment